One of my favorite interviews on the Detox Project is: Cannabidiol (CBD) and Detox – Philip Blair, MD
- Preparing the body to detox with CBD
- Endocannabinoid system’s relationship to disease
- Immune system modulation effects of CBD
Here are a few of the many highlights that Dr. Blair shares:
- I want to make another point about the neurologic system in that what we’re seeing with cannabidiol is a reduction in pain, anxiety, but an improvement in mood and an improvement in sleep and loss of that mental fog that is so much associated with a lot of the toxins and the problems that you’re facing in your clinical situations
- There’s great information in the medical literature about using it for mood and depression. In fact, the effects on depression are so dramatic because they occur immediately. Usually using an antidepressant drug, you might get better in about three weeks. This stuff turns around the mood in a matter of hours. There’s these direct improvements.
- I’ve got evidence here for the cannabidiol controlling the cortisol release of the body. So in stressful situations, it looks like cannabidiol is preventing high levels of cortisol, but it’s also preventing low levels of cortisol from occurring. So it’s really balancing out the adrenals to get away from some of these problems that we typically encounter, like the adrenal exhaustion and the hypersecretion of cortisol from anxiety and pain.
This last point about CBD impacting cortisol levels is very interesting to me since high cortisol is such a big factor when it comes to anxiety and insomnia.
Dr. Blair talks about and recommends CBD oil from hemp and not marijuana (a big difference) and recommends a particular product that is made from organic hemp.
I have yet to try this brand with clients but because I respect and highly regard the work of host Dr. Jay Davidson I feel comfortable sharing this. Dr. Jay has used this particular product with much success too.
I encourage you to listen to the interview – it is quite incredible! I will be researching this all further and sharing more as I learn more.
Use this link to register for access:
Use this link to purchase at summit special prices: