It’s good to get in the habit of doing a detoxification program at least twice a year – early in the year and Fall being the perfect times. Why detox? We are exposed to so much pollution, heavy metals and so many chemicals, we often eat a less-than-perfect diet and more often than not, we are stressed out.
Consider these great detox tips:
- Participate in a guided gentle 3-4 week detox program – enjoy the group support and benefit from the expertise of a nutritionist (healthy eating, nourishing whey protein shakes/smoothies and liver-supporting nutrients make it safe and enjoyable)
- Quit the junk food, sugar, caffeine (and dairy and gluten while on the detox program)
- Nourish yourself with alkaline mineral-rich veggie broths
- Try a sauna session or Bikram yoga class – and sweat away those toxins
- Try a rebounder or mini-trampoline – and get your lymph drainage going
- Use a dry skin brush before you bath or shower
- Enjoy a warm Epsom salts bath – and relax and wind down
- And drink plenty of water!
Your body will thank you with increased energy and focus, a great mood, less cravings, less aches, less allergy symptoms, improved digestion and overall better health. Our bodies have an amazing ability to restore and renew, given the right resources. A big plus for many of us doing a detox program is weight-loss, and although this is not the main objective, it’s often a big motivating factor! Detox, get healthy and lose weight!