I’ve been sharing about early registration for my next summit… Anxiety Summit 6: Toxins/Meds/Infections! (I’m the host of this one!)
I’ll continue to share interview snippets leading up to the summit but I want to make sure you know about another one of the summit registrations gifts: 27 Anxiety-Busting Strategies eGuide
Here is one of the 27 anxiety-busting tips …#3 Take a cold shower!
Taking a cold shower or turning the hot water off after your shower and getting under the cold water for a minute or two activates the calming parasympathetic system because it has an impact on the vagus nerve.
I always do the 2 minute cold shower after my regular shower – in summer and winter – and I highly recommend it! You’d think it would be a no-no in the middle of winter but even though there is the initial shock, you feel so good afterwards. It’s such a simple intervention! Try it and let me know how you feel!
We cover this and many other ways to activate the vagus nerve in the interview with Dr. Eva Detko – Vagus Nerve Infection and Anxiety. It’s an in-depth interview and we cover:
- VanElzakker’s CFS/vagus nerve infection research
- the vagus nerve role in brain-gut axis
- lactobacillus and GABA
- the vagus nerve and globus pharyngeus (lump in the throat when anxious)
- how antidepressants may adversely impact the vagus nerve
- psychosensory havening and more
Another related interview is the one with Melissa Gallico – Fluoride: Neurotoxicity, Anxiety, Acne and Hypothyroidism. We talk about concerns about fluoride in your shower water. You’ll also learn about other surprising sources of fluoride such as black tea, kombucha and wine!
Some questions for you:
- Have you used this approach with success and how do you feel afterwards?
- Do you continue through winter or would you consider this?
- Have you used variations of this, such as swimming in the ocean or pool in cool or cold weather?
- What other vagus nerve activation approaches do you use?
Here’s to no more anxiety and you feeling on top of the world again! And getting value out of other 26 tips starting today.
You’ve heard me say the Anxiety Summit has been called “a bouquet of hope!” My wish for you is that this summit is your bouquet of hope!
I hope you’ll join me and these incredible speakers, be enlightened and find YOUR solutions!
When you download the eGuide you’ll get automatic access to the summit.
You can also simply register here directly for access to the summit.
And do stay tuned for the summit roadmap – it’s almost ready and will be a great cross-reference of root-causes/triggers, solutions and conditions.