“Betrayal – the Autoimmune Disease Solution They’re Not Telling You” is hosted by Dr. Tom O’Bryan, author of the bestselling new book The Autoimmune Fix.
Overview of Episode 1
- What really is auto-immune disease?
- The true impact of auto-immune disease in US and other countries. What is functional medicine and how is it different from conventional medicine?
- The facts behind why medication is not the core solution. Inspirational personal case studies of patients being healed by the functional medicine protocols.
- Who is Dr. Tom O’Bryan and what’s his purpose with the ‘Betrayal’ documentary series?
At the turn of the 20th century, autoimmune diseases were found in about 1 in 10,000 individuals. And now as many as 1 in 4 are on the autoimmune spectrum!
That’s an unbelievable change in a remarkably short period of time. It’s not because our genes have changed much over that short period of time. That’s why it is a modern epidemic. And it’s mostly accrued in the last 30 years.
In this first episode, you’ll actually learn how your body is trying to protect you, and modern therapies and medications are designed to block your immune system, instead of work with it.
Here is a snippet from the brilliant Liz Lipski, PhD, CCN, CNS, CHN about autoimmunity:
In my eyes it’s a misfire between what our immune wants to be doing and what it should be doing. When we lived in a more pristine, more traditional culture, here we lived close to the earth and where we had parasites, where we ate food that was fresh and we didn’t have refrigerators and foods spoiled, the immune system had a lot of really good things to do. And now our immune system in this modern age seems a lot to me like a group of teenagers with time on their hands, and so they get into mischief because they don’t have their old jobs to do.
We’re exposed to toxins, we eat foods that are unusual, we’re stressed out, we have molds, we have all kinds of unusual situations that are different from even 150 years ago, and the immune system just sort of overreacts. They say it’s like it’s your birthday and everyone is singing happy birthday and you have the cake and the candles are lit and everyone is just expecting you to blow out the candles and you rip out your fire extinguisher. That’s an autoimmune disease – it’s an overreaction of the immune system to a normal event
In my last email about this event I mentioned that there are 159 diseases that are on the autoimmune spectrum? I had no idea!
Some of the commonly recognized ones are Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, lupus, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, celiac and Graves’ disease. Less well-recognized is the role of autoimmunity in CFS, Alzheimer’s disease, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, lichen planus, interstitial cystitis, endometriosis and other conditions.
And of course, we can see anxiety and depression with any of the above conditions so this series is very relevant to us all!
Here are some of the positive feedback from viewers who have watched Episode 1:
- Brought tears to my eyes to know that there are clinicians out there that REALLY care.
- I cannot thank you enough Dr. Tom for this series. I have been in the exercise and nutrition industry for many years and have believed the true path to healing is with food, supplements, exercise, down-time, sleep, etc. I was told that the vitamins and diet I chose to follow would kill me at an early age. Well, that did not happen. I have felt lost in our diseased world and I am so excited to get all this information. It may be overload, but it is empowering me to move forward with this cause.
- Dear Tom, At last I’ve found people who know what they are talking about – I’ve been searching for so long. I’ve felt abandoned by allopathic medience and have been searching for alternatives and have tried various different system. From listening to your overview I note that I have already started to do some of the things you suggset Tom and I am now looking forward to tomorrow’s session and to gaining a healthier furture. You have given me something very important – you have given me hope. THANK YOU, Mary
- This information is fantastic. I have been following the Institute of Functional Medicine for the past couple of years. I am not a practitioner but I believe in this type of medicine and was moved by James’ testimonial at the end of EP1. I am at the same place in my life, “how do I want to spend my time from here on out”. Fullfilment and purpose in life can also improve health. There is such a connection between the mind, spirit and the body. Integrative psychiatry is also a part of functional medicine. Right now we need more functional medicine doctors and psychiatrists.
Here’s each of the breath-taking episodes you’ll have the opportunity to watch each evening:
Episode 1- The Autoimmune Epidemic: Root Causes and Solutions
Episode 2- Intestinal Permeability: The Gateway to Autoimmunity
Episode 3- The Microbiome: Where Health and Disease Begin and End
Episode 4- Autoimmune Diseases of the Gut: The Role of Food and Digestion
Episode 5- Environmental Toxins: The Hidden Drivers of Disease
Episode 6- Autoimmune Diseases of the Brain: A New Approach to Neurology
Episode 7- Case Studies: Bringing it All Together
You can register here and watch episode 1.
I can’t recommend it highly enough and feel we should ALL watch this series!