It’s a new year and I wish you all the very best with abundant health and happiness, zero stress and anxiety and much success in all areas of your life. Here are my resolutions for you so you can have a great mood all year long.
Whatever your health goals are, make it all about getting healthy – the end result will be better quality of life and a better mood. Weight loss may be at the top of the list for many of you. If you want to lose weight, don’t go for quick fad diets but rather eat real whole food and address nutritional deficiencies and biochemical imbalances. Just one example: burned out adrenals can lead to weight loss resistance as well as sleep problems and an inability to handle stress, leading to increased anxiety.
- Always, eat real whole food – make some changes, fine-tune things, try something new each week or a new recipe (like this delicious cabbage caraway recipe). Find an Asian or Indian market and explore and have fun – I found fresh guavas one time!
- Plant a garden – flowers give you joy and pleasure, veggies give you joy and pleasure and real whole food, and herbs do the same. If you don’t have space for a garden, grow something on your balcony or kitchen window sill or find a community garden
- Laugh a lot! Watch comedy shows and movies, take up a new fun hobby, get out and ride a bike, play with the kids (or nieces and nephews). A few years ago we learned to windsurf and we have such fun and laugh so much doing it!
- Get out in nature! We were recently in Yosemite and as usual, the grandeur and beauty of being in nature just takes your breath away and just leaves you feeling so relaxed, calm and totally inspired and ready for anything and everything!
- Exercise for the joy of it and not because you feel you have to! Take up windsurfing, play tennis, ride a bike, get back into dancing – whatever grabs you, do it!
- Don’t tolerate how you feel and don’t tolerate unpleasant things in your life – you deserve a wonderful and happy life. Get help if you need it – work with a nutritionist, holistic health professional, life coach or business coach.
- Educate yourself about healthy living and be a savvy consumer. Read books, attend workshops, follower bloggers and follow legislation. The Alliance for Natural Health is a great resource.
- Value the love and support of your family, friends and community
Happy new year to you! I hope our paths cross and I’d love to hear some of your resolutions for 2012.