The Broken Brain docusersies, hosted by Dr. Mark Hyman airs January 17-25th .
Here are some wise words of wisdom from 3 of the 57 expert speakers – on the powerful gut-brain connection (covered on day 2).
And let us not forget the term Dr. Hyman uses to describe this: somatopsychic = mental symptoms caused by bodily illness. Issues in the gut – like food sensitivities, dysbiosis, SIBO, inflammation, parasites and so on – may be some of the root causes of your anxiety and/or depression. This is also known as body-mind medicine, which is different from mind-body medicine.
The relationship of the gut to the brain is physical and chemical. We talk about serotonin, dopamine and other neurotransmitters. The lion’s share of these chemicals are not made in the brain. They are made in the gut. ~ Dr. David Permlutter, MD, author of Grain Brain and Brain Maker
What most doctors don’t realize is that when you have leaky gut, the identification markers are the same identification markers that affect the blood-brain barrier. That’s leaky brain. ~ Dr. Tom O’Bryan, DC, author of The Autoimmune Fix
When our gut becomes inflamed, it produces chemicals the cross our blood brain barrier, and suppress the activity in the frontal cortex. And that produces all the telltale signs and symptoms of depression [and anxiety]. ~ Chris Kresser, MS, Lac, author of Unconventional Medicine
Save the date for the 8 -part Broken Brain docusersies, hosted by Dr. Mark Hyman – and register here. It airs January 17-25th
Here’s a list of ALL the episodes, to showcase just some of what you will have access to. Each episode will be available for 24 hours, at no-cost!
- The Broken Brain Epidemic / Dr. Hyman’s Story (January 17)
- Gut Brain Connection: Getting to The Root of a Broken Brain (January 18)
- Losing Your Mind (Alzheimer’s, Dementia, MS, and More) (January 19)
- ADHD and Autism (January 20)
- Depression & Anxiety (January 21)
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Accidents, Sports, and More (January 22)
- 7 Steps to An UltraMind (Part 1) (January 23)
- 7 Steps to An UltraMind (Part 2) (January 24)