The Anxiety Summit kicks off next week with my introduction addressing: “Stats, trends and gems.” Get ready to hear some shocking trends that we are seeing in mental health!
One of them is: kids with autism are being prescribed benzodiazapines for their anxiety! This is truly shocking and is just one reason why we need nutritional solutions for anxiety, panic, social anxiety and OCD.
Our first expert is Dr. Kelly Brogan M.D., Holistic women’s health psychiatry. Our topic is “Misunderstood and Mistreated: Reinventing Psychiatry.” Here are a few gems she shared:
- there are multiple root causes of mood disorders: low blood sugar and low thyroid issues, and food intolerances with inflammation playing a major role.
- there is no clinically significant difference between SSRIs and placebo
- women should not take statins – ever! (I wholeheartedly agree!)
We respectfully disagreed on the role of serotonin in anxiety and depression (she doesn’t believe low serotonin plays a role!). Hopefully we’ll be able to convince her one day.
Here is the incredible speaker line up and their topics – for the first week:
- Dr. Felice Jacka, PhD, “The research: food for the treatment and prevention of anxiety and depression?”
- Esther Blum RD, “How to Live Gorgeously and Rock Your Inner Cavegirl”
- Julie Matthews, CNC, “BioIndividual Nutrition for Anxiety: How special diets and avoiding certain foods can support individuals with anxiety”
- Mira Dessy, NE, “How additives in your food can make You anxious”
- Amanda Swart, PhD, “Rooibos: a functional food in the management of stress”
- Dr. Stephanie Seneff, PhD, “How aluminum and Glyphosate (Roundup) collaborate to cause anxiety, depression, autism and celiac disease”. I blogged about this last week and shared that:
- “Deficiencies in tryptophan, tyrosine, methionine and selenomethionine associated with celiac disease, match glyphosate’s known depletion of these amino acids” … contributing to anxiety and depression.
- Margaret Floyd, “Comfort food or sweet misery? How sugar controls your mood and how to get it out of your diet”
- Julia Ross, MFT, “Eliminating Anxiety: Amino Acid Therapy and Adrenal Balancing”
- Dr. Hyla Cass, MD, “The Addicted Brain and How to Break Free”
- Dr. Josh Friedman, PsyD, “Integrative Psychotherapy: My Journey from Psychoanalysis to Whole Person Mental Health”
- Trudy Scott, CN (yours truly!), “How zinc and vitamin B6 prevent pyroluria and social anxiety”
- Dr. Anna Cabeca, DO, “The role of our hormones and neurotransmitters in anxiety”
Join us on The Anxiety Summit to hear 20+ experts share research, nutritional pearls, food advice and protocols. The Anxiety Summit is a free online virtual event that runs June 9 to June 22 and will be bringing together experts from all over the world – to share nutritional approaches to end anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks and OCD. Get access to the interviews here www.theanxietysummit.com
UPDATE: the summit concluded on Tues 6/24 – season 2 of The Anxiety Summit will be in November 2014. If you’d like to be on the notification list just sign up here www.theAnxietySummit.com