Cooking for Hormone Balance, a new book by my dear friend Magdalena Wszelaki, a hormone expert and chef and now author. It’s a magnificent book with a refreshingly unique combination of sage advice for hormone balancing, together with wonderfully delicious and therapeutic recipes and meal plans. It will inspire all of us women to fall in love with hormone balancing cooking plus guide us in learning to listen to our bodies as our hormones become more balanced!
The hormone quiz is great and the hormone overview comprehensive. It’s a
breakthrough program with more than 125 tempting, nutrient-dense recipes for thyroid conditions, Hashimoto’s, adrenal fatigue, menopause, endometriosis, fibroids, breast health, PMS, PCOS, and other hormonal imbalances.
There is also excellent coverage of gut health, low blood sugar and blood sugar balance, and the importance of the liver in hormone health. I love the 3-legged stool analogy!
The dairy reintroduction categories are practical – with explanations about cow and goat dairy and fermented dairy – not something we often see addressed.
I love the PFF breakfast (protein/fat/fiber), the 14-day meal plans, the fun tips like using the lemon rind and why, the section on castor oil packs, the seed rotation rationale/recipes, the Food Apothecary with superfoods and herbs and spices, and the fabulous healing teas. I also I love that this approach encompasses Paleo, AIP, Anti-candida and Low fodmaps
And of course, I love the recipe section, with all the beautiful and yummy images and the lovely blurb above each recipe – it feels like Magdalena is right here in the kitchen with me.
These are some of my favorite recipes: Coconut Yogurt, the Hearty Beef Stew, the Zucchini Olive Muffins, the Seriously Mushroom Soup, and the Raspberry and Green Tea Lime Melties (this last one is also my favorite picture in the book).
I’ve even had the good fortune of having Magdalena actually make some of these recipes for me and some colleagues at a conference (how lucky were we): the Farmer’s Wife Breakfast and the Decadent Chocolate Cherry Smoothie (I switched out the chocolate for carob and added some extra protein powder).
I can’t wait to try the Grain-Free Pizza with a topping of medicinal mushrooms, the Tart Cherry Sorbet, and Kudzu Calming Pudding!
It’s a recipe book (and much more) and I highly recommend it for all women and for practitioners who work with women. I know many of you – my community of anxious women and practitioners – are already enjoying it and it’s a book I’ll be recommending over and over again!
Grab your copy – Cooking for Hormone Balance: A Proven, Practical Program with Over 125 Easy, Delicious Recipes to Boost Energy and Mood, Lower Inflammation, Gain Strength, and Restore a Healthy Weight – from Amazon or your favorite online retailer or physical book store and enjoy it.
First chapter, 6 recipes and demo videos
If you’re still on the fence about getting a copy of the book, you can get access to chapter 1 and other bonus goodies here
Here is what the 1st Chapter Bundle contains:
- The ABCs of Hormones
- 6 recipes (everyone’s favorites are the dairy-free cheesecakes called “Melties”)
- 6 videos of these recipes (so much easier to learn by watching)
Here’s a glance at some of the delicious recipes you will get:
- Farmer’s Wife’s Breakfast
- Honey Glazed Tarragon Chicken
- Grain-Free Pizza – Two Ways
- Red Velvet Grain-Free Brownies
- Raspberry and Green Tea Lime Melties (this is the picture above! Gorgeous isn’t it!?)
Seed Rotation Method
Magdalena’s been teaching the seed rotation method and helping thousands of women for several years and it’s covered in detail in the book.
It can help you if you’re struggling with PMS, irregular periods or lack of periods and if you’re going through perimenopause or are already menopausal. The seed rotation method is a simple, natural yet effective way to help us women rebalance our hormones.
This technique starts with flaxseed and pumpkin seeds to help rebalance estrogen levels. The second rotation requires sunflower and sesame seeds to help increase progesterone levels. The seed rotation technique has been taught to naturopaths as one of the first step in balancing hormones naturally and now you can learn how from Magdalena.
If you don’t yet have a copy of the book you can download the wonderful guide called Seed Rotation for Hormone Balance and learn how to implement this technique. In this guide you will discover:
- How seeds can help painful PMS, irregular cycles, no periods or mid-cycle spotting
- How to overcome menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats and mid-belly fat
- How to mitigate the hormonal rollercoaster of perimenopause
- Recipes to add these seeds to your daily diet
Workshop: “How to Use Food to Rebalance Your Hormones”
And if you need more practical help than you can get with the book, Magdalena will show you how in her upcoming online workshop: “How to Use Food to Rebalance Your Hormones”
You may be struggling with hormone imbalance but don’t even know it. Check the list of symptoms below to see the surprising hormone imbalance that may be behind it…
- Flab and cellulite (high estrogen or high insulin)
- Poor sleep (low estrogen and/or progesterone, high or low cortisol)
- Weight gain (high or low cortisol, high or low estrogen, low thyroid or high insulin)
- Fatigue (low thyroid, high or low cortisol, low estrogen, high insulin)
- Incontinence (low estrogen)
- Hair loss, thinning hair (low or high thyroid, high testosterone or high estrogen)
- Crying spells (low cortisol)
- Belly fat (high testosterone or high insulin)
- Hip and thigh fat or cellulite (high estrogen)
- High cholesterol (low thyroid hormones)
- Foggy brain (low thyroid hormones, low estrogen, low cortisol)
- Anxiety, depression, feeling “blah” (low thyroid, low progesterone, high/low cortisol)
- Facial hair (high testosterone or high estrogen)
- Water retention (high estrogen)
- Miscarriages (low progesterone, low thyroid)
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms you need to get your hormones balanced!
Even if you think you know a lot about hormonal health, you’ll be surprised and inspired by her simple solutions and delicious hormone balancing recipes.
I’ve done this online cooking workshop and I know many of you in my community have done it (and then even gone on to do the longer 5-week cooking program with the amazingly supportive community).
You can register for the workshop here and get inspired even more: “How to Use Food to Rebalance Your Hormones”
You may recall our wonderful interviews on the Anxiety Summit. I know Magdalena is a favorite with you – my community – and I know you’ll love this and everything in her new book.
In summary here are those links again
- The first chapter of the book and other bonus goodies here
- Magdalena’s guide for Seed Rotation for Hormone Balance
- The amazing handout on 20 Hormone Balancing Superfoods and 20 Power Herbs, Spices and Medicinal Mushrooms
- Register for the workshop here: “How to Use Food to Rebalance Your Hormones”
- The book on Amazon: Cooking for Hormone Balance: A Proven, Practical Program with Over 125 Easy, Delicious Recipes to Boost Energy and Mood, Lower Inflammation, Gain Strength, and Restore a Healthy Weight
Be sure to share this with all your women friends, your mom and sister, your sister-in-law, your daughter, your wife and any other special women in your life!
If you are already part of Magdalena’s community you get full access to her updated 5-week program – enjoy it! And enjoy the new book too!