There are things that are commonly misdiagnosed as seizure disorders, panic attacks and anxiety attacks. All of these things can stem from thyroid disease and can be reversed when you get proper thyroid treatment.
~ Izabella Wentz, PharmD, author of Hashimoto’s Protocol
Here are some wise words of wisdom from one of the 57 expert speakers – Dr. Izabella Wentz – sharing about the thyroid-brain connection on Dr. Mark Hyman’s 8 -part Broken Brain docuseries.
As well as anxiety and panic attacks, some other issues with the thyroid are fatigue, brain fog, apathy, irritability, depression, bipolar disorder and psychotic disorders.
With Hashimoto’s encephalopathy there can be gait and balance problems, seizures, delusions and even hallucinations.
Izabella shares her own Hashimoto’s story and how she experienced anxiety, panic attacks, social anxiety and bad brain fog. She said she felt her mind slipping away and how scary it was but also that thyroid problems are fairly resolvable.
Some of the solutions she offers:
- a paleo or autoimmune paleo diet
- getting rid of reactive foods
- including bone broth if tolerated
- 200-400mcg selenium methionine (it reduces an autoimmune attack on the thyroid by half and also improves anxiety and reduces hair loss)
- 600mg of thiamine (has been shown to reverse thyroid fatigue in 6 days; she has found the benfotiamine form to be the most helpful)
Save the date for the 8 -part Broken Brain docusersies, hosted by Dr. Mark Hyman – and register here. It airs January 17-25th
(I have just found out that if you watched the series during the pre-launch in October and want to watch it again this time around you do NOT need to sign up again under a new email address. My apologies for the confusion!)
Here’s a list of ALL the episodes, to showcase just some of what you will have access to. Each episode will be available for 24 hours, at no-cost!
- The Broken Brain Epidemic / Dr. Hyman’s Story (January 17)
- Gut Brain Connection: Getting to The Root of a Broken Brain (January 18)
- Losing Your Mind (Alzheimer’s, Dementia, MS, and More) (January 19)
- ADHD and Autism (January 20)
- Depression & Anxiety (January 21)
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Accidents, Sports, and More (January 22)
- 7 Steps to An UltraMind (Part 1) (January 23)
- 7 Steps to An UltraMind (Part 2) (January 24)
See you there!