For someone with wedding anxiety, nerves and jitters, here are some great calming tips:
- Drink less coffee. It’s probably best not to stop completely right before the wedding because of withdrawal headaches. And try a calming herbal tea like chamomile
- Get outside in the sunshine and do some exercise, which will raise serotonin levels and help with worry and anxiety
- Get a massage, meditate and/or do some yoga, which are all very relaxing. Studies have shown that yoga actually raises GABA levels and GABA is very calming
- And if none of these tips help, the amino acid GABA in the form of a sublingual supplement will have immediate relaxing results (if you are low in GABA)
I’m drawn to do this blog post because of the newest royal wedding: this weekend in Monaco, Charlene Wittstock is marrying her prince, Prince Albert II in a lavish 3 day ceremony! And of course there are always plenty of summer weddings.
I’m especially intrigued by this wedding and have been following their story for a few reasons:
- Charlene Wittstock, who is quite stunning, and a former national swimming champion, comes from South Africa, which is where I grew up!
- I just love the area around Monaco. In my late 20s while backpacking through Europe I spent some time nearby. And then I had an amazing climbing trip in the south of France a few years ago! And I’m a big romantic at heart so I wish them all the best!
Unfortunately earlier this week there were rumors that Charlene tried to skip town on a one-way flight to South Africa. If it is just wedding jitters and anxiety, the above tips should help. If there is more to it, and Charlene has a serious reason for wanting to back out, I say don’t marry your prince!