We want to be in fly-healthy mode before we leave and while we are away. Part 2 covers what to pack and take with you to stay healthy while you’re away and how best to eat while you’re there.
What to pack and take with you –
- First aid for a cold – extra vitamin C, garlic tablets, oil of oregano tablets and tea tree oil (a great throat gargle).
- Cans of sardines and oysters, grass-fed beef jerky and fruit for emergency rations
- Portable blender and smoothie ingredients like whey protein powder and coconut milk
- A good supply of delicious herbal tea bags, like licorice, rooibos, lemon-ginger
When you are there –
- Veggie omelets are great for breakfast or whip up a smoothie
- Ask for olive oil and vinegar for a healthful salad dressing
- Drink plenty of water and herbal tea
- Make good meal choices for lunch and dinner – order meat or fish or chicken with a serving of veggies and/or salad (use your sardines as a backup if needed)
- If you’re in a place like Vegas and are exposed to 2nd-hand smoke, take extra vitamin C
- Have fun and enjoy!